The CareFirst app provides tools to help simplify your life at every step: from transferring money and submitting receipts, to checking on reimbursements or paying a bill. There’s even a tool that lets you scan a product’s barcode – while you’re shopping – to see if it’s a covered expense!
To get started
- Register online at www.carefirst.com/myaccount.
- Find the free CareFirst app in the Apple app store or Google Play store.
- Install the app on your device.
- Sign in using the username and password you chose for www.carefirst.com/myaccount.
- Follow the prompts from the app--this will include creating a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
At this point, you will be able to enable fingerprint sign-in for more convenient access to the app.
How to use it
- When you sign in, you’ll see an account home screen, where you can check your balance and manage your money for the current account.
- The account you’re viewing is displayed in the top right corner of that screen. You can tap that button to switch to other accounts you might have.
- The menu button lets you manage your personal information, add providers (for HSA users only), manage your debit cards, and update your personal bank information.