A debit card is a convenient way to pay for medical expenses and access your account, whenever and wherever you need it. This section covers requesting, using, and managing debit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I request a debit card for a spouse or dependent?
- Yes. You can order multiple cards at no additional cost through the Member Online Service Center. For more information, see Requesting and Managing Debit Cards.
- Can I withdraw funds at an ATM?
- You cannot use the BlueFund and Blue Rewards debit cards for cash withdrawals from an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), from a Point-of-Sale (POS) device, or by any other means. The card will not work in these situations.
- Do I need a PIN to use my debit card?
- No. You can use your debit card by signing for your purchases and selecting “credit” when asked. Having a PIN puts more security accountability on you as the debit card owner if the card is used fraudulently.
- My debit card was recently denied. Why would that happen?
- Your debit card may be denied if:
- There is not enough money in your account to cover the expense. Visit www.carefirst.com/myaccount or call us toll free at Toll Free: 866-758-6119 to check your account balance.
- The items being purchased are not eligible expenses. For a list of eligible expenses, visit www.carefirst.com/myaccount.